Find out about Audio Spec's hearing services, including hearing tests, ear plugs and  ear wax removal


Loud noise can permanently damage your hearing. This is called noise-induced hearing loss or sometimes referred to as industrial hearing loss.

The state government provide a scheme for employees who have incurred occupational hearing loss with access to compensation, which includes hearing aids and rehabilitation. This scheme is administered by WorkSafe VIC.

What is noise-induced hearing loss?

Noise Induced Hearing Loss is a condition resulting in permanent damage to structures and nerve fibers in the inner ear.

Most cases of NHHL are not sudden, with damage to the ear occurring gradually over an extended period of time. This process can sometimes take years before it results in noticeable hearing loss.

Employees that are exposed to noises in their workplace are most likely to develop this type of hearing loss if there is a lack of hearing healthcare consideration.

Claiming for noise-induced hearing loss

Importantly, there is no age limit and it doesn’t matter if you have resigned from the position or retired. The claim is lodged against the relevant employer who will either be self insured or represented by a compensating authority, such as Employers Mutual Limited or Comcare.

What can be claimed?

If a claim is submitted under the state-based workers compensation scheme, claims can be for the following:

  • Reimbursement of any hearing aids already purchased
  • Approval for a future hearing aids purchase
  • Potential lump sum


Contact us today!

Audio Spec is accredited to provide hearing services under WorkSafe Victoria. If you have any questions regarding the Workers Compensation or would like to arrange an assessment and consultation, call us today on 03 9458 5777.


Audio Spec provides Custom earplugs for musicians, noise reductions, swimmers.